UK offering spring break rides

By Melody Bailiff

UK Parking and Transportation Services offers an alternative for those who need a ride home or don’t want to take their own vehicles.

For the third year, PTS is offering rides home for spring break via its Chicago route, which stops in Louisville; Indianapolis; Lafayette, Ind.; Merrillville, Ind.; and Naperville, Ill.

“A lot of students say the only reason they bring their car is to get back and forth during breaks, so if you want to avoid wear and tear on your car this is a good alternative,” PTS spokeswoman Chrissie Tune said.

PTS offers rides home for students for each major academic break. For spring break, however, only the Chicago route will be offered.

Atlanta and Cleveland routes are offered during Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks.

“This is our third year and the program has been very popular; especially the Chicago Route,” Tune said. “We encourage students to buy their tickets soon and want them to know these are charter buses that include Wi-Fi.”

The cost of round-trip and one-way tickets to each destination can be found on the PTS Ride Home Express website, at uky.edu/pts.

Tickets are available online, at the PTS office at Press and Virginia avenues, and by phone, at 859-257-5757. One-way tickets are only available over the phone or in person.

UK students can register and pay on the PTS website through the Parking Account Manager with their Link Blue IDs.