Students perform fifth annual Broadway performance

By Sabirah Rayford| @kykernel

This Valentine’s weekend, the UK Choristers will host their fifth annual “A Night on Broadway.”

The performance will take place at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Frank H. Harris Grand Ballroom in the Student Center.

The performance will feature 50 UK student vocalists, with illusions and magic tricks performed by local magician Ray Adams.

UK Catering Services will provide appetizers and desserts during the performance. Directed by Maggie Blair and Julian Bryson, “A Night on Broadway” features musical theater solos, duets and ensemble numbers from musicals such as “Hairspray,” “Chicago,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Ragtime,” “Pippin” and more.

“It will definitely be filled with surprises and it will be packed with songs that people know,” he said.

International studies senior and chorister member Rachel Ruppel said the event is fun to watch and a unique experience.

“There’s really not another show like this,” she said. Performer and kinesiology senior Zach Albaba said the Choristers find ways to connect with the audience during the show.

“It’s a different variety of music and a different variety of songs. I’m pretty sure anybody can find a way to connect to at least one song in the show,” he said.

Tickets for “A Night on Broadway” are $25 for adults, $15 for UK faculty and staff, and $10 for college students and children.

VIP tickets are available for $35 and include preferred seating and reserved parking.

Purchase tickets by calling the UK Student Center Ticket Office at 859-257-TICS (5897) or at any TicketMaster location, including ticketmaster.com.

Corporate tables are available for reservation through the ticket center.