Find your inner Jedi at Star Wars Trivia

Daisy Ridley and John Boyega in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.” (Photo courtesy Lucasfilm)

McKenna Horsley

Power up your lightsabers and use the Force, Star Wars fans. Cats Den Underground is hosting a Star Wars Trivia Night on Tuesday.

Cats Den student coordinator and marketing and management senior Jared Rondinelli is in charge of planning the trivia night, and has created questions, planned logistics and found food ideas. Rondinelli said he chose a Star Wars themed trivia night because he is a huge Star Wars fan and because “The Force Awakens” was released in theaters last month.

Star Wars Trivia Night begins at 8 p.m. in the Cats Den Underground located in the basement of Blazer Hall.

Star Wars was a huge part of Rondinelli’s childhood. He and his brother watched the movies, read the books and had many Star Wars Lego sets.

“I remember one Christmas my mom told me I had to ask for something besides Star Wars Lego,” Rondinelli said.

While Rondinelli could have asked questions from Star Wars television shows, comic books and novels, he plans to only draw questions from the seven films. Participants can expect each round of questions to focus on one particular episode.

“I plan on making (the questions) pretty hard,” Rondinelli said. “People who are hardcore fans come to stuff like this.”

Assistant Director of Activities and Marketing Dustin Adams said the Cats Den hosts general trivia nights each month, but student coordinators choose special themes for certain nights.

“In the past, we’ve done Disney trivia, we’ve done Harry Potter trivia,” Adams said. The Cats Den may host a comic book or superhero trivia night in March.

Adams said he hopes participants dress up as their favorite Star Wars characters, but does not recall anyone dressing up for previous Cats Den themed trivia nights.

Teams or individuals canenter the competition to win gift cards and coupons from Gigi’s Cupcakes, Firehouse Subs, Penn Station and Orange Leaf. According to Rondinelli, in order to be eligible to win, participants should arrive when the event starts, but anyone may come later and answer questions.

“Everyone’s kind of got the Star Wars fever again, which is good to see,” Rondinelli said. “Hopefully we will have a good turnout.”

Rondinelli said he expects 30 to 40 students at the event, but has “no limit” on how many students he would like to attend.

Star Wars-themed snacks will be provided by UK dining such as Princess Lays chips, cheese TIE fighters and pretzel lightsabers. General Catering Coordinator for UK Dining Erin Chenault found inspiration for the event’s food on Pinterest.

“With these items, it’s something very cute and something very nice for people to enjoy,” Chenault said.