International twist on campus dining

Brioche Doree opens August 25th, 2016 in the Gatton Building.

A new addition to campus food options will open during the first week of the fall semester. 

On Aug. 25, Brioche Dorée will open officially inside the Gatton College of Business and Economics. 

“We are committed to bringing options to the University community and Brioche Dorée compliments our range of dining choices and needs,” wrote Nicole Marcum, marketing coordinator for UK Dining in an email to the Kentucky Kernel. “Brioche Dorée is an urban bakery café that fits nicely in the newly completed Gatton College of Business.”

Marcum wrote Brioche Dorée has baked goods, sandwiches, coffees and teas where students can use flex dollars, plus account, cash and credit at the café.

Marcum also wrote that some main menu items will be at the Gatton location, including pure butter viennoiserie, artisan sandwiches and classic quiches. New additions will include shaker salads, snacks and desserts.

The UK location is the French bakery chain’s first American location that incorporates the chain’s international personality, Marcum wrote.

“In design, the UK location incorporates work done in Montreal and Toronto over the last two years,” Marcum wrote. “A new more modern, urban design is expressed in lighting, materials, finishes and graphics. Our design also integrates seamlessly with the design of the state-of-the art Gatton School facility.”

Brioche Dorée had a sampling event on Aug. 5, Marcum wrote, and the grand opening will be held on Aug. 25.

In addition, the café will serve “a high volume of customers” and patrons can use seating in Gatton’s center study area. 

“As with any new location we look forward to building a successful store with the feedback of our partners and clients,” Marcum wrote.