Sundy Best pleases Bluegrass Bash crowds

Cathryn Perini

UK Residential Life, Dining and Campus Housing hosted Grayson Jenkins and Sundy Best for a live music event on Thursday, Sept. 14 in the Woodland Glen Courtyard.

The event, Bluegrass Bash, was put on for on campus residents. It included a spread of food supplied by UK Dining. The event also gave students the opportunity to get free ‘Backyard Bash’ t-shirts, ride a mechanical bull, play corn hole, enjoy inflatables and cotton candy.

“This is all pretty impressive,” Taylor Rice, sports broadcasting sophomore, said.

Sundy Best was the main event of the night, attracting a large audience for their performance. A lot of the students in attendance were from Kentucky, which gave them a close connection to the band.

Band members Kris Bentley and Nick Jamerson put on a crowd-pleasing show. The audience sang and clapped along to the band’s catchy tunes, especially during the call and response portion of the concert.

“I like it. I don’t usually enjoy country music, but I feel like they were a good choice,” Rachel Cherry, computer and electrical engineering sophomore, said.

Sundy Best is a local group and has played on campus and in Lexington many times before.

“We are a product of where we’re from,” Bentley said.

Bentley and Jamerson are natives of Kentucky. Their music is deep rooted in Kentucky culture, and some of their songs are even about their Old Kentucky Home.

There was a good turnout for the event, which showed residents positive attitude about Residential Life events. Fans lined up to greet the band after the show to take pictures with Bentley and Jamerson.

“Anytime anybody shows up is always nice,” Jamerson said.