How to vote and keep up with UK’s upcoming SGA elections

(left to right) Candidates for SGA vice president, Andy Flood, and president, Tucket Lovett, listen as current president Michael Hamilton and director of government relations Katherine Speece voice their concerns to the judicial panel on Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2019, at the Gatton College of Business in Lexington, Kentucky. Photo by Jordan Prather | Staff

Kernel News Staff

Student Government Association election season has taken over campus this week. 

Here’s the important times, dates and info to keep up:

Presidential and Vice Presidential Debate

When: Tuesday, Feb. 26 at 7 p.m. in the Kincaid Auditorium.

What: UK’s two presidential campaigns go head-to-head in a debate in the Gatton College of Business’ Kincaid Auditorium. 

Michael Hamilton, the incumbent SGA president and running mate Kat Speece are running against challenger Tucket Lovett and running mate Andy Flood.

Read up on both campaigns here:

Candidate profiles for every contested student Senate election can be found here and in the attached PDF.

How to vote in the UK SGA elections

Voting begins on Wednesday, Feb. 27, at 9 a.m. and ends on Thursday at 6 p.m. Students can vote online through BBNvolved or in person at one of the polling locations.

Online: A banner prompting students to vote should appear on their BBNvolved page during the election times. Students can vote anytime between Wednesday at 9 a.m. and Thursday at 6 p.m.

In person: To vote in person simply stroll into one of the polling locations listed below with your student ID.

• White Hall classroom building: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on both election days.
  • Gatton Student Center: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Wednesday.

Check back with the Kernel for important updates during the elections.