4 affordable beauty items that really work

By Anyssa Roberts

The price of beauty products rarely ever goes down.

So how great is it to find a product you can find at home while saving a few dollars in the process?

Pretty great.

Here’s a list of beauty products, all for less than $10. I can get as many as five daily uses out of each of these products, and the best part is they actually work.

1. Shea butter

Shea butter is my Holy Grail beauty product.

This all-natural conditioner is a superb moisturizer for skin and hair. I use shea butter as a daily skin moisturizer and as an aftershave in the winter.

In the summer, it removes blemishes and wrinkles, prevents skin from peeling after sun exposure and prevents stretch marks.

Because shea butter is thick and melts into a smooth oil, it is said to be an excellent product for people with skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis.

For optimum use I mix my favorite essential oils like lavender, rosemary and eucalyptus oil into my shea butter.

2. Coconut oil

Coconut oil has more than 100 uses for beauty and health.

Coconut oil is purchased in solid form and melts into a clear liquid.

Every day I use coconut oil to lightly moisturize the ends of my hair and deep condition my hair before I wash it. It is also an excellent makeup remover.

This summer, take a jar of coconut oil to the beach to moisturize after sun bathing. Your skin will have never been softer.

3. Apple cider vinegar

ACV does not smell as lovely as it looks, but it contains a good balance of acetic acids, vitamins and mineral salts, which make for an excellent daily toner.

I use ACV to fight dandruff, lighten dark spots and cleanse synthetic hair extensions of irritating chemicals before use.

4. Vaseline

Petroleum jelly, commonly known as the main ingredient in Vaseline, can be intimidating because of its thick, sticky texture. But this product is nothing to be afraid of. I use Vaseline as a daily lip moisturizer.

At night, I use it as an overnight lip conditioner. In the morning, I reapply it for all day moisture protection.

Petroleum jelly can also be used to soften and moisturize dry knees and elbows, and to help grow eyelashes when applied daily.

I use a small amount on my perfume areas to help the fragrance last longer, and I have my hair stylist use it to protect my skin from dye or relaxer cream.