UK fans anxiously await twins’ decision

By Nick Jones | @Kernel_Nick

ESPNU reported Monday that the Harrison Twins would end their recruiting process Thursday at 5 p.m.

It is then that Cats fans will want to be sure to tune into the networks showing of “Recruiting Nation,” as UK will be considered in their final discussion.

Head coach of Travis High School, Craig Brownson, confirmed to the Kernel on Tuesday that the press conference will be held at the high school and the twins will decide between three schools.

“Maryland, Kentucky and SMU,” he said.

Aaron and Andrew Harrison have long been considered the top package deal in the history of high school basketball. The twins will combine to make up the most talented backcourt in the country at the next level.

Andrew assumes the role of the lead guard on the court. Standing 6-foot-5, 205-pounds, he has outstanding size for the point guard position. He uses a combination of speed and athleticism to score in a variety of ways. But, it is his ability as a creative passer and his competitive nature that sets himself apart from any other player at his position in the class of 2013.

Aaron is not only a spitting image of his twin brother, but he shares many similarities on the court as well. He prefers to play off the ball and has an excellent shooting touch, particularly from 3-point range. His intelligence and natural athletic ability on the court makes him the top shooting guard prospect in the nation.

Although three schools are listed, it is thought to be down to a two-program race at this point. UK and Maryland are the heavy favorites and arguments can be made as to why the highly coveted duo would call their names during the press conference at 5 o’clock.

The track record of putting players into the NBA speaks for itself when it comes to UK and head coach John Calipari.

However, an argument can be made that Under Armour will attract the brotherly duo to Maryland.

In an interview with Eric Prisbell of USA Today, Aaron Harrison Sr. gives an indication that a pair of shoes will not be in the conversation as a deciding factor.

“They don’t want for anything material,” he said of his sons. “They don’t have to go to the NBA to take care of me and mamma.

We are going to be fine taking care of ourselves. The dynamics are different. They don’t want shoes. You’re not going to get them with a pair of shoes.”

All speculation will be put to rest shortly after 5 p.m. Thursday, as Andrew and Aaron Harrison will end their recruiting process and make one fan base very happy.