Fight breaks out at Tolly Ho, five hospitalized

By Gary Norwood Hermann

A fight at a popular off-campus restaurant put five people in the hospital early Sunday.

Lexington Police responded to Tolly Ho after receiving reports of a “rather large fight” at 3:12 a.m., Lt. Chris Van Brackel said.

Police arrested two people for disorderly conduct.

“Five people were sent to the hospital with head injuries,” Van Brackle said. “A couple of employees went to the hospital, but no UK students were injured.”

Of the employees that went to the hospital, one suffered broken ribs while the other received staples in his head, Van Brackel said. All five victims were released from the hospital Sunday.

Alcohol was a likely factor, Van Brackel said. Police are investigating to see if weapons were involved.
Several Holmes Hall residents witnessed the aftermath of the altercation.

“There was a girl stumbling outside holding her side,” sophomore Decora Martin said. “There was a man holding the side of his head with blood running down it.”

Martin counted 22 police cars, two fire trucks and three ambulances.

Tolly Ho declined comment.

John says:

I won’t blame blacks as a race – though society will – but I will blame the character (or lack there of) of “thugs” and “gangsters.” I was there. The color of their skin is no reason to hate someone – but the color of their character damn sure is.

John says:

It seems that the word diversity has taken on a new meaning. Rather than the true meaning
Diversity
–noun, plural -ties.
1.the state or fact of being diverse; difference; unlikeness.
2.variety; multiformity.
3.a point of difference.
It now means non-white. I feel it is more important to have a melting pot of all people with, most importantly, different mind sets and convictions. This mutated definition of diversity is sad and only keeps the idea of racism alive.

Johnny Walker Purple says:

What I find funny is that Diversity is only for white people. Every other race practices self-segregation and cultural isolation. Can’t be seen acting in any way like a white person or your cast out. Can’t be seen acting like anything but the lowest common denominator.

Minority identity first and everything else second is not diversity, it’s not a melting pot, it’s self-imposed segregation. My non-white friends, embrace diversity!

john says:

I dont know if anyone noticed but in the tolly ho video there is not a white person there. And to these idiots from detroit…stay there if you can control yourselves and actually act like civilized human beings. Detroit is a crap hole for a reason. This is off topic but someone should write an article on why the DIVERSITY club is literally the least diverse club on campus.