Five-star center Aaron Bradshaw commits to Kentucky basketball

Kentucky Wildcats head coach John Calipari reacts to forward Lance Ware getting a jump ball call during the UK vs. Florida mens basketball game on Saturday, Feb. 12, 2022, at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky. UK won 78-57. Photo by Michael Clubb | Staff

Tyler Russell, Reporter

Five-star center Aaron Bradshaw, the No. 4 national prospect and No. 1 center in the 2023 class, announced that he will be taking his talents to Lexington, committing to Kentucky on Friday.

Bradshaw announced his commitment just before the Wildcats kicked off their annual Big Blue Madness event inside Rupp arena.

“Kentucky is home for me,” Bradshaw explained to On3. “I felt the most comfortable there. It’s the best fit for me and has my best interest.”

The New Jersey native chose Kentucky over LSU, Oklahoma State, Louisville and Depaul. 

“I mean, you know how many pros went there; how many players made it to the league, successfully and still in the NBA,” Bradshaw told On3 prior to his commitment. “There are a lot of those guys. They like how I am a down-to-earth kind of kid. I am a big who can dribble and shoot threes, I feel like I can fit in most systems, but Kentucky has had a lot of guys play in the league who can do that.”

Bradshaw is best known for being an instinctive shot-blocker and one of the most desired centers in basketball on the recruiting front.

He averaged 7.3 rebounds with Camden High School, shooting an average of 59.6% from the field and 80% in free throws. 

He joined five-star prospects Justin Edwards, Robert Dillingham and four-star prospect Reed Sheppard to become the fourth commit to the 2023 class for Kentucky head coach John Calipari.

With the announcement, Wildcat fans remain eager to see if his Camden teammate and fellow five-star prospect DJ Wagner will follow suit in committing to play for Calipari.