Timeline of Mike Hartline’s career at UK

2006 – Mike Hartline arrives at UK after starting at quarterback for two years at GlenOak High School in Canton, Ohio. He redshirts in his first year behind Andre Woodson.

2007 – Playing sparingly in Woodson’s senior year, Hartline completes 4 of 6 passes for 34 yards with no touchdowns and one interception as a redshirt freshman quarterback.

Aug. 5, 2008 – Curtis Pulley, Hartline’s main competition in the battle to become starting quarterback for the 2008 season, is dismissed from the team. Pulley was arrested on July 31 for speeding, driving on a suspended or revoked license and having expired or no plates or registration papers. Previously, he was charged in Louisville on a misdemeanor count of marijuana possession in June.

Aug. 31, 2008 – In his first game as a starter, Hartline goes 16-for-31 for 147 yards, no touchdowns and no interceptions as UK beats Louisville 27-2.

Oct. 25, 2008 – Hartline struggles in UK’s 63-5 whipping at the hands of Florida, completing 7 of 16 passes for 33 yards and an interception. He is subsequently benched.

Oct. 28, 2008 – In his first practice after losing the starting quarterback job to freshman Randall Cobb, Hartline throws his teammates under the bus. “It stinks,” he said. “No one ever expects to win the starting job and then lose it because guys around him aren’t performing the way they should. But it’s best for the team and I’m a team player, and that’s just the way it has to be.”

Jan. 2, 2009 – An injury to Cobb thrusts Hartline back into the starting lineup for UK’s bowl game. In a 25-19 win over East Carolina, Hartline throws completes 19 of 31 passes for 204 yards, one touchdown and one interception. He finishes the season completing 55 percent of his passes for 1,666 yards, nine touchdowns and eight interceptions.

Sept. 5, 2009 – Hartline opens his junior season as UK’s starter after Cobb was moved to wide receiver and freshmen quarterbacks Ryan Mossakowski and Morgan Newton failed to impress in fall camp. He goes 18-for-27 for 222 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions as UK demolishes Miami of Ohio 42-0.

Oct. 10, 2010 – After struggling in two previous games against Florida and Alabama, Hartline is in the midst of one of the best games of his career at South Carolina. He has completed 9 of 14 passes for 139 yards, one touchdown and no interceptions when he suffers a serious knee injury.

Nov. 14, 2010 – After missing four games, Hartline doesn’t start, but plays in UK’s 24-13 win over Vanderbilt. He struggles in his first action back, completing 2 of 6 passes for 10 yards and an interception. He undergoes knee surgery after the game, ending his season. As a junior, he completed 59 percent of his passes for 802 yards, six touchdowns and seven interceptions. In his absence, Newton goes 5-2 as starting quarterback.

Sept. 4, 2010 – Hartline enters his senior season as starting quarterback, the third time he has won a position battle to become the starter. In UK’s first game against Louisville, he completes 17 of 26 passes for 217 yards, no touchdowns and no interceptions, improving to 3-0 against the Cats’ archrival.

Oct. 16, 2010 – Hartline throws for a career best 349 yards while tossing four touchdown passes and no interceptions to upset South Carolina 31-28.

Nov. 27, 2010 – Hartline can’t lead UK to a victory over Tennessee, finishing the regular season completing 66 percent of his passes for 3,178 yards, 24 total touchdowns and nine interceptions. His career numbers are 5,680 yards, 38 touchdowns and 25 interceptions.

Dec. 10, 2010 – Hartline is arrested on charges of alcohol intoxication, disorderly conduct and failure to notify address change at 3 a.m. In his arraignment that day, he pleads not guilty.