Showcase offers post-graduate options

By Alissa Hayward

The Graduate and Professional School Showcase will give students an opportunity to learn about post-undergraduate options.

Representatives from UK, as well as in-state and out-of-state programs will be present at the showcase on Nov. 2.

“The purpose of the Graduate and Professional School Showcase is to give students a place where they can learn about their graduate and professional school options,” Miranda M. Scully, junior & senior counselor at the Center for Academic Resources & Enrichment Services, said.

The Graduate Showcase is part of the week-long Graduate and Professional School Prep Week put on by the Stuckert Career Center that takes place from Oct.31 to Nov. 4.

“Students who are even remotely thinking about graduate or professional school should come to the Graduate Showcase,” Leslie Hayes, member services and event coordinator, said.

This year the showcase will feature more representatives from law and health science programs.

The showcase gives “students face-to face-time with representatives so that they can ask questions about the admission process, scholarships and deadlines,” Francene Gilmer, assistant provost and director for career education, said.

Students who attend the Graduate Showcase can enter to win a discounted Kaplan prep course for the entrance exam of their choice and a free prep course from The Study.

The first 100 people who attend will receive a T-shirt. Door prizes will be awarded throughout the day.

The showcase will take place from 1-4 p.m. in the Student Center Grand Ballroom.