Cram Jam a fun break from finals

By Dylan Russell | @KyKernel

Just as the temperatures outside rise in time for summer, so do the levels of stress for UK students as finals week approaches.

“The last week of classes can create a great deal of stress for a (UK) student,” said Ashley Campbell, UK senior who serves as the deputy chief of campus issues.

The Student Government Association will be hosting Cram Jam, designed for students to take a breather from the studying and stress of finals, from 5-8 p.m. on Thursday in Memorial Coliseum.

“Our main objective for Cram Jam is to create a fun-filled, yet relaxing environment for all students,” Campbell said. “The student body has a chance to unwind at Cram Jam.”

Cram Jam will be providing free food, games, massages and T-shirts, and organizers will be giving away “three great prizes,” Campbell said.

Campbell added that Cram Jam will have five different inflatables.

There will be tours of the Joe Craft Center, UK’s basketball practice facility, as well as open basketball courts, with a chance to match up against student athletes who will be enjoying the Cram Jam festivities too, according to Campbell.

“Students should attend Cram Jam to enjoy an environment of interaction with their fellow classmates,” Campbell said.

Campbell said that this will be the last big campus event of the year, meaning it will be one of the last opportunities for graduating seniors to come together.

“Along with the amazing prizes and activities, this is an amazing event for our fellow graduating seniors to enjoy their last campus event with faculty and friends,” Campbell said.

Cram Jam is free to attend, and all UK students and faculty members are welcome.