Campus bus routes changes to begin July 1

A Lextran bus picks up students in front of the Main Building on South Limestone on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 in Lexington, Kentucky. Photo by Taylor Pence

News Staff

This Friday, a couple of changes will be made to the campus Lextran bus routes. 

In a press release, UK announced the Blue and White routes, know as route 14 for Lextran buses, will run on weekdays from 6:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. on summer breaks and academic holidays, beginning July 1. Blue and White routes will run on weekdays from 6:45 a.m. to 8 p.m. during the spring and fall semesters. 

The press release also said the Green route, or Lextran 26, which connects the Greg Page and Shawneetown residential areas to a bus stop at Commonwealth Stadium, will have the same hours as the Blue and White routes starting Friday. The Green route will will run on weekdays from 6:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. on summer breaks and academic holidays and on weekdays from 6:45 a.m. to 8 p.m., during the fall and spring semesters.

The trial MoveWell shuttle will stop running at 2 p.m. on Thursday, the release said. Those who rode the shuttle can find suggested transportation alternatives here.