(StatePoint) Looking to put a spin on your Easter treats and traditions?
A new holiday-themed collection from McCormick has you covered. The digital collection features an exclusive new golden recipe for “24-Carrot Gold” Ice Cream with Cookie Crumble, and showcases remixed and tried-and-true recipes and craft activity ideas for all ages to make any Easter occasion pop.
“We’re always looking to find creative ways to make special occasions flavorful and fun,” says Alia Kemet, senior vice president, Global Creative & Digital Transformation at McCormick & Company.
To help you and your family put your holiday menu together with ease, the curated and crafty Easter collection is organized by colorful categories, including “Good as Gold” Carrots, Eggs Over Easter, Everybunny Likes Brunch, and Easter Extras. Here are two of its highlights to get you started:
Bunny Butt Cupcakes
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
• 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
• 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons McCormick Pure Lemon Extract, divided
• 1 tablespoon McCormick All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
• 3/4 cup white chocolate chips or white confectionary coating wafers, such as Wilton Candy Melts
• 2 sticks butter, softened
• 16 ounces confectioners’ sugar
• 2 tablespoons milk
• 10 drops McCormick Green Food Color
• 1 to 2 drops McCormick Red Food Color
• 12 large marshmallows, halved crosswise
• 3 tablespoons white nonpareil sprinkles
1. Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding 1 tablespoon of lemon extract and vanilla. Spoon 3 tablespoons of batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups. Bake as directed on package. Cool on wire rack.
2. Meanwhile, for the bunny feet, microwave white chocolate chips in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir, then return to microwave and heat in 10-second increments until mostly melted. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Spoon into pastry bag or resealable plastic bag. Snip a small corner from bag. Pipe out 24 pairs of bunny feet using the melted white chocolate onto parchment or wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Use a toothpick to smooth out any bumps or rough edges, and gently tap the cookie sheet on the counter to help the white chocolate settle. Allow white chocolate to harden (2 minutes in the freezer or 15 minutes in the refrigerator).
3. For the frosting, beat butter and remaining lemon extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating well after each addition and scraping sides and bottom of bowl frequently. Add milk; beat until light and fluffy. If frosting is too thick to spread, gradually beat in additional milk. Remove half the frosting and place into medium bowl. Add green food color; mix until evenly blended. Spoon into pastry bag fitted with a grass decorating tip. Set aside. Remove half of remaining frosting into small bowl. Add 1 to 2 drops red food color; mix until light pink. Spoon into another pastry bag or resealable plastic bag. Snip a very small corner from bag. (The remaining white frosting will be used for the bunny tails.)
4. Using pink frosting, pipe out 3 toes and the padding on each bunny foot. Once frosting has set (about an hour) gently press down on the pink frosting with your finger to create a smoother, look.
5. Pipe green frosting onto each cupcake in a series of short motions to create individual grass spots. Cover the top of each cupcake completely.
6. Place cut sides of the marshmallow halves onto each frosted cupcake, leaving room for the bunny feet. Shape remaining white frosting into dime-sized balls, then roll into small bowl with white sprinkles to cover. Pipe a small drop of remaining pink or white frosting onto the top of each marshmallow. Press a bunny tail on top.
7. Place both bunny feet against the base of the marshmallow with the toes facing downwards.
Makes 24 cupcakes.
Classic Deviled Eggs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Makes 6 servings (2 egg halves each)
• 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Ground Mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Parsley Flakes
• 1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
• McCormick Paprika
1. Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; place in small bowl. Mash yolks with fork or potato masher.
2. Stir in mayonnaise, ground mustard, parsley and seasoned salt until smooth and creamy. Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg white halves. Sprinkle with paprika.
3. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.
To hard-cook eggs: Gently place eggs in single layer in large saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Cover. Bring just to boil on high heat. Remove from heat. Let stand 12 minutes. (Directions are for 1 dozen large eggs—adjust time up or down by 3 minutes for each size larger or smaller.)
For access to all the recipes, including honey glazed ham, bunny butt cupcakes and more, visit McCormick.com or download the Flavor Maker App where you can also go on the hunt for an exclusive recipe for “24-Carrot Gold” Ice Cream with Cookie Crumble.
As a special treat, between April 8-17, 2022, you can enter for a chance to win a first-place prize of $100,000 and a custom-made 14-karat solid gold carrot plated in 24-karat gold, or one of the 100 other prizes available. Winners will be chosen at random and receive emails with the prize information and collection instructions. For full rules, eligibility requirements and prize descriptions, visit mccormick.com/24-carrot-terms.
What better way to hop into spring than with a trove of new Easter ideas? This season, tap into your inner chef with all the components needed to make any Easter occasion a success — carrots, eggs, brunch and family-friendly crafts and recipes!