DanceBlue Blitz Week counts down to fundraising deadlines

Sophomore Jade Dries along with a fellow UK student stop by the DanceBlue booth during DanceBlue Blitz’s Week outside White Hall on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 in Lexington, Ky. Photo by Kaitlyn Gumm| Staff

Kernel News Staff

DanceBlue is ringing in the fundraising deadlines with Blitz Week, a week full of DanceBlue-related activities.

“Spring (Blitz Week) focuses solely on the FUNdraising deadlines (and yes, I did mean to put FUN because fundraising for DanceBlue is fun!),” said the DanceBlue press release about the week.

DanceBlue also holds a Blitz Week in the fall, which counts down to the end of team registration.

The online fundraising deadline is Tuesday, Jan. 23, at 11:59 p.m. Cash and check donations can be turned in until Friday, Jan. 26, at 4 p.m. 

Each day’s events and theme are listed below, according to the DanceBlue press release:

• Monday, Jan. 22: Share why you DanceBlue from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Mining and Minerals Resources Building and Whitehall. 
  • Tuesday, Jan. 23: Play a fun game; the rules will be explained in person. Participants could win merchandise from DanceBluetique.
  • Wednesday, Jan. 24: Shop at the DanceBluetique from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Mining and Minerals Resources Building. 
  • Thursday, Jan. 25: Play DanceBlue trivia from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Mining and Minerals Resources Building. The winner will get some merchandise from DanceBluetique. 
  • Friday, Jan 26: Stop by the Mining and Minerals Resources Building and Whitehall from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. to ask questions about the fundraising deadline. Stop by the Mining and Mineral location at 1:50 p.m. for a special surprise.

DanceBlue, a 24-hour, no-sitting, no-sleeping marathon, will be held from 8 p.m. on Feb. 17 to 8 p.m. on Feb. 18.