Near-campus restaurant offers specials, cool atmosphere for students

Alexander Bullit’s Winery, Brewery and Bistro opened near UK’s campus on Dec. 15, 2017. 

Katelyn Grattan

A near-campus restaurant is becoming a new hot spot in Lexington.

With so much to offer– house-made wine and beer, Italian cuisine, and a unique environment– the Alexander Bullitt’s Winery, Brewery and Bistro is becoming a must-stop in the Lexington Community.

Alexander Bullitt’s opened in Lexington on Dec. 15, 2017.  It offers a full Italian food menu, including pasta and pizza and brewpub options. The restaurant is located at 319 Cedar St. near UK’s campus.

It is a great place to stop in and grab a quick lunch or come in at night for an awesome time with friends. There are three different floors where patrons can be seated to enjoy a meal. With more than 20 televisions throughout the restaurant, it makes for a perfect place to come and watch the Cats on game day.

“We are the only winery in downtown Lexington. We make our own wine right here in Lexington, which makes us unique from other places around town,” said Cameron Carter, a business and photography freshman who is also a waiter at Alexander Bullitt’s.

He has worked at the restaurant since December, and he said he enjoys it. 

Alexander Bullit’s is also very wallet-friendly. It offer many specials that run throughout the week, as well as on game days. 

“One of the best things that we offer here is our seven for seven lunch special, where customers can get lunch for just $7,” said Jeremiah Cox, manager and consultant.  

College students on a budget can take advantage of specials. One of those is for $12 all-you-can-eat pizza where from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. It also offers many game day specials on beer and shots.