Underground Formal offers students ‘a night off’ for 4th year

The fourth annual Underground Formal will be held on Friday, March 1, from 8 to 11 p.m.

Hannah Moore

Students can join the UK’s Student Activities Board, Underground Perspective, Martin Luther King Center, The Elite List and the Office of LGBTQ* Resources for a memorable night of dancing and socializing at the Underground Formal on Friday, March 1, from 8 to 11 p.m. in the Gatton Student Center Ballroom.

“It’s a great opportunity for any student. They don’t have to be Greek or any type of status to be able to attend this formal,” said Bailey Veith, SAB Director of Traditions. “It’s a great way to take a night off of studying and spend a Friday night with their friends, being able to dress up instead of being in sweatpants all of the time.”

The Underground Formal gives an opportunity for students from all different backgrounds and beliefs to come together as one and share a classy night of dancing to DJ Warren’s hottest new tracks, snapping funny pictures in the photo booth and enjoying all the free food provided. This formal allows students to come out of their comfort zones and express themselves through dancing, fashion, photography, mingling and more.

“One thing that I really enjoy about the Underground Formal is that it gives the opportunity for people who didn’t have the chance to experience prom to experience it more in a far more welcoming environment,” said Courtney Vice, LGBTQ* programming intern. “This is something that definitely allows people to experience things that they were once denied.”

Shuttles will run from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. from the William T. Young Library to the Gatton Student Center. Students must present a valid UK student ID upon entering the event and may be accompanied by one guest with a valid government ID.

SAB, Underground Perspective, Martin Luther King Center, The Elite List and the Office of LGBTQ* Resources have been working and preparing hard over the last several months to give attendees a night that they will cherish forever. They encourage students to come out and boogie down with other students for an unforgettable time.

For more information about SAB and events, email [email protected].