Events to know for the end of the semester

By Lexington Souers

Michler’s Christmas Market

Head to Michler’s on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 4 p.m. for some holiday cheer, sweet treats, a fire, local vendors and wreath makers.

Free Holiday Shopping Shuttle to Fayette Mall

Need to do some last minute shopping? Take the free holiday shuttle to Fayette Mall on Sunday and the second one on Dec. 13. Use the link found on the UKNow website to schedule shuttle pick up between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Late Night Film Series

The Late Night Film Series will show “Straight Outta Compton” on Thursday and “The Fantastic Mr. Fox” on Friday.

Last Day of Classes

There’s always a reason to celebrate the last day of classes. Take a break Dec. 11 and pat yourself on the back for all of the hard work you’ve done. Treat yourself, and take a break to gear up for all the studying you’re about to do.

The Market 301

Check out the Holiday Edition of Market 301 at the Manchester Music Hall. Local vendors will be selling gifts from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Dec. 11 and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Dec. 12.

Crunch Brunch

Break up study sessions on Dec. 14 from 9 p.m. to midnight for the Student Activities Board’s Crunch Brunch at Memorial Coliseum. There will be inflatables, massages, food, music and free long sleeve T-shirts.

Final Examinations

Gear up, it’s time for finals. Study hard between Dec. 14 and Dec. 18.

Free Winter Break Shuttle to Bluegrass Airport

From Dec. 15 to Dec. 18 students can take a free shuttle departing every two hours between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. from campus to the Bluegrass Airport. Head to the UK Parking and Transportation Services Airport Shuttles website to schedule a pickup two days in advance.

December Commencement

Say goodbye to your graduating friends on Dec. 18 when UK celebrates its December Commencement. The graduate student ceremony starts at 10 a.m. and undergraduate starts at 3 p.m. in Rupp Arena.