UK women’s soccer tries to stay undefeated at home

By Christian Cevallos

UK women’s soccer is set to face Wisconsin at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday and will attempt to continue its successful run against opponents of late and add another shutout to its record.

UK

6-1-0

Player to watch: Zoe Swift

The forward has proved reliable as ever this season with the Cats. She has played in all seven games this season and leads the team in shots and scored three goals Friday night on the road against Ole Miss. Her quickness and ability to get the ball through the defense make her a threat every time she steps on the field.

Preview:

With the good run the Cats have been on as of late they will try to keep their dominance of opponents rolling. They play Wisconsin on Sunday and hope to add another shutout to its record for the season. The Cats offense and defense are the key factors in their winning ways with their versatile goalkeeper and the defenders only allowing two goals this season.

Wisconsin

3-3-1

Player to watch: Rose Lavelle

The junior forward has been a driving force in the Badgers offense. Having started every game so far, she leads the team with four goals in 20 shots with two assists. She has been a member of the U-20 women’s national team and a finalist for the 2014 U.S. Soccer Female Athlete of the Year award. Topdrawersoccer.com ranked her the No.2 player in the country in the preseason. The Cats need to keep a close eye on Lavelle in order to keep her away from the goal.

Preview:

After their 1-0 loss to the Cardinals, Wisconsin looks to bounce back against UK. They will look to find a surge of offense in order to not get shut out for a third time this season. McKenna Meuer and Lavelle are first and second as team goal leaders each with four and three respectfully and hope to lead the Badgers offense to a victory against the Cats.