GOP candidates lack perspective

In honor of Donald Trump announcing his bid for the Republican ticket in 2016, I think I’m going to go ahead and register Democrat.

I would love to vote for a Republican candidate, if that would mean reducing government spending, privatizing healthcare and improving immigration control.

But I’m afraid the GOP has not produced any candidate that I believe could reduce our country’s deficit or improve our international relations.

Instead they’ve provided conservative candidates who specialize in restricting personal freedoms of our citizens, giving benefits to big corporations without requiring them to pay their dues in taxes, and turning their life into a reality show.

Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Rand Paul are known for their opposition to working with the Democratic Party in Congress. In addition, many of the frontrunners have made insensitive comments offending women, the LGBTQ community and African Americans.

In addition, these frontrunners have not only opposed same-sex marriage legislation, but have also opposed equal rights for members of the LGBTQ community such as allowing businesses to discriminate by refusing to serve them.

Republicans who have made claims they are working to identify with younger generations follow through with insensitive remarks and a lack of support on issues such as gay marriage, abortion rights, social security reform and interest rates on student loans.

Becoming a billionaire does not equate to the ability to judge which expenditures can afford to be cut and which taxes can be increased in order to reduce the national debt — sorry Trump.

In addition, Latin American lineage or relation by spouse does not equate to sensitivity for all minorities as Rubio, Cruz and even Jeb Bush would like Americans to believe.

As much as I would like to see the Republican party turn back to its legacy of minimal government and reducing government expenditures, I can’t exchange the safety of social freedoms for candidates who can’t keep up with the times, much less assure economic prosperity.