Temporary bookstore will be located on Lexington Avenue

The temporary bookstore will open on June 1, located behind the Joe Craft Center on Lexington Avenue, UK administration announced Thursday.

“You may have noticed that construction has already begun on the blue basketball courts behind the Joe Craft Center,” Eric Monday, the Vice President for Finance and Administration, wrote in a campus-wide email. “Though this is a high traffic venue, we determined, after careful consideration, that this is the best space for the temporary UK Bookstore. We apologize for any disruption and will be back in touch soon about new campus recreation options for north campus, which we are currently finalizing.”

The current bookstore will remain open through May 16, the email continued, so that students can sell their textbooks back to the school and purchase books for the summer session.

In the Fall 2015 semester, the temporary bookstore will also offer different textbook delivery options.

Monday announced a free UPS delivery service for pre-orders, more information on which will become available over the summer.

“Students can also choose between two pick-up locations: the temporary bookstore on Lexington Avenue and a tent near ‘the 90,’ located on Hilltop Avenue,” Monday wrote in the email. “This tent on Hilltop Avenue will serve as a satellite store for move-in week and the first week of classes. It will feature UK clothing, residence hall supplies and school supplies.”

STAFF REPORT