Super Bowl Bars: Restaurants ready for Sunday

UK alum and Tin Roof bartender Topher Aldridge takes drink orders from BRian Britt, left, and Brian Knight Friday night during the South Limestone Block Party to benefit the Huntsman Cancer Foundation..Photo by Zach Brake

As Super Bowl Sunday approaches, a few local restaurants are gearing up to house and feed Lexington residents during the evening’s game.

The New England Patriots will play the Seattle Seahawks at 6:30 p.m. in the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz.

To accommodate viewers who choose not to watch at home, Lexington restaurants and bars have announced deals and events to celebrate the event.

“We are doing happy hour all day,” Tin Roof general manager Sarah Stephen said. “And we’ll be open with a full kitchen (and) maybe make chili.”

Tin Roof, located on South Limestone Street, will also have card games and beer pong for customers, Stephen said.

The Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant on South Broadway will feature live sports-related trivia during the game, general manager Sean Kelley said.

The questions will focus on football, Kelley said, though he expected that many Lexington residents would order their food to-go during the game.

“We’ll have plenty of staff on hand to handle those (orders),” he said.

Courtney McGuffin, general manager at Two Keys Tavern, said that the Super Bowl game will be broadcast on 30 TVs, with one-dollar drinks on hand.

“We’ll just be sure to have fun,” McGuffin said. “There’s always music and games.”

STAFF REPORT