‘Presentation U!’ offers prizes

By Taylor Gadberry

Monday marks the beginning of the second week of free prizes and final projects during “12 Days of Presentation U!” in Champions Court I.

Students who come to the first floor of the residence hall for free tutoring will get a chance to spin a wheel to win prizes, Diana Hatchett, a Presentation U! staff member, wrote in an email to the Kentucky Kernel.

“The prizes we have include gift cards to Starbucks, vouchers for free food and drink(s) at Common Grounds, UK t-shirts, holiday candy and a variety of little items promoting Presentation U!,” Hatchett wrote in the email.

Presentation U! faculty director Deanna Sellnow wrote in an email to the Kentucky Kernel that the event was intended to encourage students to visit their North campus location in Champions Court.

The original location is still in place in the W. T. Young Library’s Hub, although the prize wheel is only located on North campus.

“The Champions I location just opened in October and we want to spread the word that we are here to help students with their final class projects related to multimodal communication,” Sellnow wrote in the email.

The prizes are available from 3 to 9 p.m. through Dec. 12.

Students can also receive free tutoring and peer coaching from the campus resource to help refine their last-minute projects, Hatchett wrote. The location accepts appointments and walk-ins for study assistance.

Presentation U! helps students succeed by “enhancing the very same skills that will set them apart as leaders in their professions when they graduate from UK,” Sellnow wrote in the email.

The tutoring resource can help with research papers and writing assignments, public speeches and group presentations or digital projects like Powerpoint and Prezi.