LIVE UPDATES: Buffalo is UK’s final tuneup before Kansas

Kentucky guard Tyler Ulis warms up before the first half of the University of Kentucky vs. Grand Canyon University men’s basketball game at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Ky., on Friday, November 14, 2014 Photo by Jonathan Krueger

Follow this page as UK tips off against Buffalo at Noon on Sunday, two days before the Cats travel to Indianapolis to play Kansas in the State Farm Champions Classic.

The Cats will start with the same lineup as Friday: sophomore guards Aaron and Andrew Harrison, junior forwards Willie Cauley-Stein and Alex Poythress, and freshman forward Karl-Anthony Towns.

At the 14-minute mark. UK is tied with Buffalo 16-16. Two Cats have four points, but Buffalo’s Jarryn Skeete leads all scorers with 11.

After Buffalo took a one point lead, freshman guard Tyler Ulis hit a three to put the Cats back on top 23-21 at the 9:15 mark.

Ulis leads UK with six points with 7:45 remaining in the first half. Tied up at 23-23.

Timeout on the floor with 3:47 remaining in the half. UK is down to Buffalo 33-34.

At halftime UK is down to Buffalo 33-38. Jarryn Skeete still leads all scorers with 14.

Trey Lyles sinks a three then gets a steal and a dunk on the subsequent possession. UK is now tied with Buffalo 50 seconds into the game.

A steal by Andrew Harrison and a dunk by Poythress give UK a 48-45 lead with 12:36 remaining in the game.

Two emphatic dunks by Alex Poythress put UK on top 50-45 at the 11:40 mark. Timeout Buffalo.

Final: UK 71, Buffalo 52