Fines must be paid before class registration

By Simon Olagbaju

Within a week, the class registration window opens for seniors, juniors and other students who have earned the same number of credit hours as upperclassmen. Honors students, students with disabilities and graduate students are already able to register for spring semester classes. Unpaid parking citations accrued during the semester may cause a delay in class registration.

According to Chrissie Balding Tune of the Parking and Transportation Services, students may check to see if they have citations online at www.uky.edu/pts/ under the “pay a citation” tab.

Processing these payments does not take long, and holds are immediately lifted between 7:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. But Tune also notes that if students mail in a citation payment, they should allow approximately three days for mailing and processing.

Tune also said in addition to online payments, in-person payments can easily be made at the Parking and Transportation Services office in the Press Avenue Garage, located at the corner of Press and Virginia Avenues, or by mailing in payment with the citation envelope provided.

Students are recommended to pay citations shortly after receiving them, said Tune, adding that it is recommended that students check their registration window well in advance to give them adequate time to address all holds on their account.

According to Tune, there are 89 different holds that can be placed on students’ accounts by various departments, making it a true duty to keep track of these holds.

Tune said that students with a parking or transportation-related hold on their registration need to contact their office at (859) 257-5757 or (800) 441-0555 after their payments has processed.

Tune said that once their payment has been verified, the hold on their student account can be removed.

All registration windows close on Nov. 25 at 11:59 p.m.