Julius Randle to announce NBA Draft decision in Tuesday press conference

UK forward Julius Randle (30) scores UK’s first points during the first half of the UK Men’s Basketball game vs. Louisville at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Ky., on Saturday, December 28, 2013. UK leads UofL 41 to 36 at the half. Photo by Eleanor Hasken

UK announced a press conference for 1:30 p.m. Tuesday with freshman forward Julius Randle. ESPN’s Andy Katz reported that head coach John Calipari met with Randle on Monday to get his final decision on the NBA Draft.

ESPN’s Jeff Goodman reported earlier this month that Randle was going to enter the NBA Draft. It was a report that Randle denied on Twitter and UK did not confirm.

Katz also reported Monday that Calipari will meet with freshmen guards Aaron and Andrew Harrison along with freshman center Dakari Johnson and sophomore forward Alex Poythress about their draft statuses.

Freshman forward Marcus Lee and sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein, two interior players for UK next season, have already announced their intentions to stay at UK for next season. Freshman guard James Young announced last week that he will enter the NBA Draft.

Underclassmen must decide their intentions for next year by Sunday.

STAFF REPORT