Marcus Lee will return to UK

UK forward Marcus Lee (00) dunks the ball during the NCAA Elite 8 vs. Michigan at the Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis , Ind., on Sunday, March 30, 2014. Photo by Emily Wuetcher

Freshman forward Marcus Lee will return to UK next season and will forgo his opportunity to enter the NBA Draft, a UK Athletics press release said.

Lee joins sophomore forward Wille Cauley-Stein as the underclassmen who have pushed away NBA aspirations this summer for another season in Lexington.

Lee played 25 games last season, none more productive than the season opener against UNC Asheville, where he scored 17 points.

“I’m excited for Marcus and think he’s barely scratched the surface of what he’s capable of,” head coach John Calipari said in the release.  “In addition to his athleticism and the energy level he brings, the experience he gained in the NCAA Tournament this year will be immeasurable for us next season.”

Lee scored 10 points in the Elite Eight game against Michigan, including four putback dunks as UK went onto the Final Four.

“I’ve really enjoyed my college experience and I’m looking forward to continuing to develop as an all-around player,” Lee said in the release. “Playing in the Final Four was such an amazing feeling, but I want to come back and help win that final game this year.”