UK wins on another Aaron Harrison 3-pointer

Kentucky Wildcats forward Julius Randle (30) goes to shoot during the NCAA Final Four vs. Michigan at the AT&T in Arlington, Tx., on Saturday, April 5, 2014. Photo by Emily Wuetcher

Freshman guard Aaron Harrison has done it again.

UK has done it again.

After being down by as many as nine points in the first half, the Cats came back once again to defeat Wisconsin 74-73 in the Final Four.

Harrison made a 3-point shot to give the Cats the lead with 5.7 second remaining. It was his third go-ahead shot with less than a minute remaining in the last three games for UK.

Freshman guard James Young led all scorers with 17 points. UK out-rebounded Wisconsin 32-27, but the Badgers did their damage from the foul line. As a team, Wisconsin went 19-of-20 from the stripe, compared to UK’s 14-for-21 performance.

It was the first game of the NCAA Tournament that freshman forward Julius Randle did not record a double-double. Randle finished with 16 points and five rebounds.

The Cats move on to face the 7-seed from the East region, Connecticut, in the championship game. The Huskies beat Florida 63-53 to advance to the championship game.

The NCAA Championship will be played on Monday.

Stay tuned with the latest news from Cowboys Stadium.