Final Four: Kernel staff predicts Wisconsin game

Kentucky Kernel staff

Rachel Aretakis, Editor-in-chief

UK 73, Wisconsin 70

UK is riding high off of the Louisville and Michigan wins. I think they’ll struggle at the beginning but pull through.

Amelia Orwick, Managing editor

UK 72, Wisconsin 68

The Cats have a lot of momentum going into the Final Four, and I don’t expect them to slow down now.

David Schuh, Managing editor

UK 68, Wisconsin 61

Wisconsin is a difficult matchup for any team, especially one that could be without its best interior defender. The Cats do, however, have a significant size and length advantage. The Badgers will use hot shooting and solid defense to hold close for much of the game, but UK will go on a big second-half run and overwhelm Wisconsin late.

Becca Clemons, 2012-13 Editor-in-chief

UK 82, Wisconsin 75

UK has proven that its deep tournament run wasn’t a stroke of luck.

Morgan Eads, News editor

UK 68, Wisconsin 65

UK will pull out a win at a narrow margin because they have a deeper team of talent. With players like Marcus Lee and Aaron Harrison heating up and showing their stuff in addition to the players who have produced consistently, like Julius Randle, UK has the advantage.

Will Wright, Assistant news editor

UK 76, Wisconsin 65

UK will win because they’ve beaten teams better than University of Wisconsin previously this year.

Matt Overing, Assistant sports editor

Wisconsin 64, UK 55.

I don’t think UK will be able to shoot in Cowboys Stadium. Wisconsin, a team that prides itself on efficiency, will get quality looks while UK will settle for outside jumpers.

Rachel Walker, Design editor

UK 76, Wisconsin 70

Las Vegas is picking UK by 2 1/2 points, and 139 1/2 total points; however, last time the Cats surpassed what the bookies thought so I’m hoping UK is going to do this again.