Ingram-Jackson have the best plan for campus

Regarding the upcoming SG election, the Ingram-Jackson ticket stands apart as the best representation of the students to this university. Mariel Jackson serves as a senator at-large and vice chair of the academic and student affairs committee.

She is the assistant director of the freshman Leadership Development Program for Student Government. Jake Ingram mentored me during the beginning stages of Wrap Up America, an organization founded to serve the homeless population in Lexington and to cultivate service-based leadership for students.

Ingram took time to show me the resources that were available through SG that would stimulate the growth of Wrap Up America, showing his loyalty to the values of SG and UK and his compassion for this community. He has also been vital to the development of Sigma Chi by revamping the chapter bylaws and attending executive committee meetings.

He displays his commitment to UK on a daily basis, exceeding his responsibilities as the student body vice president and developing new leaders in the Leadership Development Program. He established a program where members of LDP shadow campus leaders in various student organizations. I can personally attest to the effectiveness of this program through DanceBlue because DanceBlue chairs were able to inspire the next group of leaders to use their talents to lead through service.

Ingram recognized the value of service and instilled it in the development of these young leaders and facilitated a positive relationship between them and current leaders on campus. Ingram-Jackson has developed an incredible platform to accomplish its goals.

I will be voting for their ticket because their goals best represent the student population, they have a commitment to service-based leadership and they have the experience to implement their innovative platform.

Alexander Wade is a biosystems engineering senior.

[email protected].