UK HealthCare to relocate some clinics, departments

UK HealthCare announced its plans Tuesday to relocate some primary care and specialty outpatient clinics to the former Dillard’s location at Turfland Mall on Harrodsburg Road.

The 15-year lease will cost about $1.5 million per year, UK spokeswoman Kristi Lopez said. This cost does not include the cost of maintenance and operation, which she estimates to be another $500,000 per year.

The currently vacant 85,000-square-foot first floor will be the new home of UK Family & Community Medicine, according to a press release.

This part of UK HealthCare currently operates in the Kentucky Clinic and at the Kentucky Clinic South on Harrodsburg Road.

The new location, set to open in fall 2014, will also house UK Orthopedics & Sports Medicine (currently located at Perimeter Drive), UK’s Occupational Medicine & Environmental Health Clinic and the Travel Medicine Clinic (both currently located at Kentucky Clinic South), according to the press release.

Other departments and clinics may relocate at a later time.

UK HealthCare will notify patients who are currently receiving services from the relocated clinics about the switch in the coming weeks and months, according to the press release.

Lopez said at this time UK does not anticipate losing employees because of the relocation.

STAFF REPORT