Street Style: Layered up for cold weather

Street Style: Students layer up fashionably when cold weather rolls in

Merchandising, apparel and textiles senior Julie Sutton channels her inner Gossip Girl in a black flapper hat, babydoll peacoat, pattern stockings and ankle boots. She uses a rich, monochromatic red, black and white color palette to enhance the look of each garment. “I guess my style is a little preppy. I also like the kind of romantic style, with lace and stuff like that. I really like the show Gossip Girl a lot. Blair always wears hats and everything, so I really like that.” Photo by Eleanor Hasken | Staff

“I guess my style is a little preppy. I also like the kind of romantic style, with lace and stuff like that. I really like the show Gossip Girl a lot. Blair always wears hats and everything, so I really like that.”

-Julie Sutton, Merchandising, Apparel and Textiles Senior

Mechanical and computer engineering sophomore Michael Pina layers up for the winter in a red dress shirt, wool sweater and patched blazer to match his fitted, distressed pants.  “The first thing I saw was this sweater, so I matched things around this sweater. It was cold today so I wore layers, but I pick something that’s clean and I just put it on," Pina said. Photo by Eleanor Hasken | Staff

Mechanical and computer engineering sophomore Michael Pina layers up for the winter in a red dress shirt, wool sweater and patched blazer to match his fitted, distressed pants. “The first thing I saw was this sweater, so I matched things around this sweater. It was cold today so I wore layers, but I pick something that’s clean and I just put it on,” Pina said. Photo by Eleanor Hasken | Staff

“The first thing I saw was this sweater, so I matched things around this sweater. It was cold today so I wore layers, but I pick something that’s clean and I just put it on.”

-Michael Pina, Mechanical and Computer Engineering Sophomore

Business junior Matthew Brown takes his style inspiration from Miami Heat basketball player Dwyane Wade and rapper Kanye West in a simple, yet contemporary look. He channels his style icons classic clean looks in a black, wool peacoat over a fully buttoned dress shirt paired with khakis. “I always try to look presentable when I leave the house. I can’t have an off-day,” Brown said. Photo by Eleanor Hasken | Staff

“I always try to look presentable when I leave the house. I can’t have an off-day.”

-Matthew Brown, Business Junior