4-star wide receiver Blake Bone commits to Cats

Cats on Cats. The blue team lines up on offense across from the white team. in Lexington, Ky., on Saturday, April, 13, 2013. Photo by James Holt | Staff

Staff report

sports@kykernel.com

Four-star Woodruff (S.C.) High School wide receiver Blake Bone committed to UK Tuesday in an announcement at his high school.

Bone’s decision was confirmed to the Kernel by the high school’s athletic director.

The 6-foot-5, 183-pound wide receiver from Woodruff, S.C. is rated as the 47th best wide receiver in the country and the eighth best player overall in South Carolina by Rivals.

Bone caught 65 passes for 1,150 yards and 14 touchdowns in 2012 as a junior. Bone turned in an All-State campaign in 2011, catching 60 receptions for 1,057 yards and 10 touchdowns while leading Woodruff to the Class AAA Upper State Championship.

UK, South Carolina, Mississippi and Louisville were Bone’s final four choices, announced June 17 on his Twitter account. Bone was initially offered by the Cats on February 12 and camped at UK on June 10 according to 24/7 Sports.

Bone also had offers from Clemson, North Carolina, Auburn, Arkansas, Nebraska and Georgia Tech, among others.

Bone is the fourth receiver committed to the Cats’ Class of 2014 and the 23rd overall commitment in the class. UK’s recruiting class is rated as the seventh best in the country by Rivals, with Bone as one of eight four-star commitments.