UK in the NBA playoffs: End of the line for Prince, Memphis

The Los Angeles Clippers’ Caron Butler collides with the Memphis Grizzlies’ Marc Gasol (33) on a pick set for Memphis’ Tayshaun Prince (21) in Game 1 of the first round NBA Playoffs matchup at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, on Saturday, April 20, 2013. (Wally Skalij/Los Angeles Times/MCT)

By Brett Bibbins | @BBibbins_Kernel

Going into the Conference Finals, only one former UK player remained in the NBA playoffs.

Tayshaun Prince and the Memphis Grizzlies took on the San Antonio Spurs in the Western Conference Finals.

Prince started every game of the playoffs for the Grizzlies, averaging seven points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists in 30.3 minutes per game.

The 6-foot-9 small forward shot 35.5 percent from the field, 60.9 percent from the free throw stripe and 26.3 percent from 3-point land.

The Compton, Calif. native sprained his ankle early in the fourth and final game of the series, keeping him sidelined for the end of the first half and most of the second.

The Grizzlies were swept by the San Antonio Spurs, 4-0.

San Antonio moves on to the NBA Finals to play either the Miami Heat or the Indiana Pacers.

The Heat lead the Pacers, 3-2, through the first five games of the series.

Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals is to be played on Saturday, June 1 and Game 7, if needed, will be played on Monday, June 3.

Both games begin at 8:30 p.m. and will be aired on TNT.