Nerlens Noel injury update

UK forward Nerlens Noel (3) dunks the ball during the second half of the UK men's basketball game v. Transylvania University at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Ky., on Monday, November 5, 2012. Photo by Genevieve Adams | Staff

Staff report | @KyKernelSports

sports@kykernel.com

UK head coach John Calipari released a statement via social media Wednesday with an update on freshman forward Nerlens Noel.

Noel underwent surgery early this week to repair an ACL tear sustained while playing for the Cats in UK’s, 69-52, loss at Florida on Feb. 12.

Statement released on Twitter and Facebook by John Calipari:

“Got a call from Nerlens yesterday and put it on speakerphone so he could talk to the team. The surgery went well and he’s doing fine. It was great for his teammates to hear from him after surgery and I think it helped Nerlens too. I can’t wait to see him back on the court.”

If you hadn’t gotten hurt, you would have broken Davis’ block record. You and Willie could form the most feared tandum ever. I wish you well, and hope you choose to come back next year. You are one of my all time favorite cat.

Heal fast, my man! You’ve got an unbelievable future ahead of you whether it’s back here with the Big Blue Nation for one more year or on to the big league in the NBA. Loved, loved, loved watching you dominate this year and if you think it’s best to come back for another year, well then, we’ll all be dancin’ at the Big Dance come next April! Wishing you all the best always.

Good luck with your recovery.
Hope you have enjoyed watching the team step up to fill the void after you went down.
I hope they continue with a deep run in the next 2 tourneys.

happy to hear your surgery went well, hope u have a speedy recover! Everybody would love to have u back next year if that is best for ur career. good luck!

Sorry that after all the hard knocks, you missed the big dance Nerlins. just so you know, you can return next year as a core member of the greatest collegiate BB team ever assembled surpassing the UCLA groups, the fab five,etc., even the Spivy five.In any case thanks for the priviledge of watching you develop as a player and as a fine young man.IREMEMBERWAHWAH