Gymnastics hosts annual Pink Meet Friday

By Lindsay Travis | @KyKernelSports

No. 17 UK gymnastics (4-3-1, 2-2-1 SEC) take on Missouri (1-6, 0-4 SEC) in the annual Pink Meet at Memorical Coliseum on Friday.

It is in the last of three consecutive home meets for the Cats.

The Cats and the Tigers have competed against each other 13 times through history, with Missouri leading the series 11-1. Most recently, the two teams met at the Lady Luck Invitational in 2010 when the Tigers came out on top.

The Cats are coming off of a season-high 195.825 tie with Georgia – UK’s first tie in a dual meet in school history.

The Cats are ranked No. 13 nationally in floor exercise, No. 17 in balance beam, No. 23 in uneven bars and No. 26 in vault. Missouri fail to reach the top-25 in any of the events.

Junior Audrey Harrison earned her career-high all-around score versus Georgia with a 39.300 to clinch first place in the exercise. The title was the second consecutive and eightth total on the season for Harrison.

Missouri is coming off of a home loss against LSU. Mizzou put up a 194.575 for the second week in a row. Several athletes tied or bested their career-high scores at the meet.

Admission is free for UK students, and $1 for fans who wear pink to the meet. Pink T-shirts will be on sale for $10, with all proceeds benefiting both breast cancer research and the Markey Cancer Center.

Friday’s meet gets under way at 7 p.m. Live video coverage and results will be available on UKAthletics.com. Delayed television coverage of the meet will air on ESPN2 and/or ESPNU on Feb. 21 at 6:30 p.m.