Stoops gains commitments from WR Alex Montgomery, safety Marcus McWilson

By Nick Gray & Tom Hurley | @KyKernelSports

UK head coach Mark Stoops inked another two recruits Monday when wide receiver Alex Montgomery and safety Marcus McWilson announced their verbal commitment to UK via Twitter.

Alexander Montgomery ‏@IjustWannadoME

I made my decision and I’m going to Kentucky #BBN WELCOME

Marcus McWilson ‏@MMcWilson4

Committed to Kentucky!

Three-star Montgomery selected the Cats over Louisville and Central Florida in the second recruiting decision that involved the two in-state rivals on Monday.

Earlier in the day, inside linebacker Keith Kelsey Jr. announced his commitment to the Cards.

Montgomery visited the Cardinals last weekend after visiting UK Jan. 11 and Central Florida Jan. 18, according to Rivals.com.

Rivals rated the 6-foot-1, 180-pound receiver as the 51st best at his position in the class of 2013.

Montgomery is the fourth commitment from the state of Florida since Stoops was announced as head coach in Lexington.

Stoops previously coached at Florida State. The Cats have eight commits from Florida overall in their 16 player class.

The Miami Herald reported Montgomery caught 42 passes for 892 yards and seven touchdowns his senior season while also playing at safety for Cypress Bay, the Florida Class 8A runner up.

Montgomery had 24 catches for 450 yards and five touchdowns during his team’s playoff run.

In opting to accepted Stoops scholarship offer, Montgomery spurned Louisville, along with a host of other schools including Wake Forest, Wisconsin, Mississippi and N.C. State.

McWilson announced his decommitment from Nebraska on Sunday through his Twitter account.

“Not an emotional decision, doing what’s best for me,” he said.

Rivals ranks the 6-foot, 195-pound safety as the 18th best at his position in the nation.

The Youngstown, Ohio native visited UK last weekend and liked enough of what he saw to spurn Nebraska in favor the Marks Stoops revolution at Commonwealth Stadium.