UK offers free shuttle to mall

By Jackson Smith

UK Parking and Transportation Services, in cooperation with Student Government, will provide free transportation for students and staff to and from Fayette Mall this Sunday.

The Holiday Shopping Shuttle will run from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday, with daily campus pickup times of 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.

Last Sunday, the bus picked up 18 people, including sophomore Kory Kiesel, who said he really enjoyed the free ride to the mall.

“The best part was that I didn’t have to look for a parking spot when I got there. It only took two minutes to get inside, whereas it would have taken 30 minutes to find a spot to park.”

Another student who took the bus was senior Chance Hynes.

“I was surprised that the bus actually showed up on time,” Hynes said. “I thought it would be a little late but it wasn’t.”

Chrissie Tune, with PTS, said: “We did this to offer the service to students that couldn’t get out or that didn’t want to be the one worrying about driving through the holiday traffic.”

To schedule a pickup, email [email protected] with the subject “Holiday Shopping Shuttle” by noon on Friday with name, campus address and phone number, and time, date and location to be picked up.

Passengers will be picked up to be returned to campus at the north side of the mall, near the entrance to Macy’s, at noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.