UK announces new executive vice president for finance and administration

Eric N. Monday, the vice chancellor for finance and administrative services and chief financial officer at Louisiana State University, has accepted the position of executive vice president for finance and administration at UK, according to an email from UK President Eli Capilouto on Tuesday.

According to the campuswide email, Monday will start at UK in late December or January. He replaces Frank Butler, who retired from full-time work in January after 36 years with UK.

Monday’s salary will be $350,000, UK spokesman Jay Blanton said. Butler earned $464,000 when he was full time, before he entered phased retirement in January. Monday will not receive the retirement benefit given to past administrators at UK, in which UK paid 15 percent of administrators’ salaries directly into their retirement accounts.

Monday attended a forum on campus Nov. 15, where he fielded questions from UK students, faculty and staff.

Monday oversees about 1,200 employees and is responsible for sustaining a budget of more than $800 million each year at LSU, according to Capilouto’s email.

A search committee for the position began by reviewing 50 potential candidates. UK then conducted 10 personal interviews and brought five candidates to Lexington. Monday was announced as the preferred candidate two weeks ago.