Harrison twins to attend Big Blue Madness, father confirms

By Nick Jones | @Kernel_Nick

After Andrew and Aaron Harrison broke the news Thursday they would be taking their talents to the University of Kentucky, it was widely speculated that the pair would visit Lexington to attend Big Blue Madness.

During a phone conversation Friday morning with the Kernel, Aaron Harrison Sr. confirmed his sons would indeed be on campus on Friday, Oct. 12.

“They will be at Big Blue Madness next Friday and (the Kentucky Kernel) is the first to know that.” Harrison Sr. said.

The top rated guards in the country will be joined by their new teammate Derek Willis, head coach John Calipari and the rest of the Cats coaching staff.

Also participating in the festivities will be power forward Marcus Lee, another member of the 2013 class who Calipari hopes to add to next season’s already impressive roster.

From the 2014 class, Cats fans can expect to see JaQuan Lyle and Cliff Alexander in Rupp Arena as well.

Headlining the group of recruits in town that weekend will be Huntington Prep, W. Va., forward Andrew Wiggins, the top overall player in high school basketball regardless of class.

As things stand the Toronto native is scheduled to be in the class of 2014, however a decision on his potential reclassification is expected in the coming weeks.

Should Wiggins choose to make the jump to the 2013 class it is possible that he could team up with the Harrison Twins at UK next fall.

For now, UK head coach John Calipari will have to make do with seeing the parade of top recruits under one roof at Rupp Arena on Friday.

Related links:

With Harrisons secured, who’s next?

Double down: Harrison twins choose UK

Harrison decision vital for Terrapins not Cats

Double Trouble: Harrison twins could be UK’s next big tandem