Andrew Wiggins to attend Big Blue Madness

By Nick Jones & Tom Hurley | @Kernel_Nick @TomHurleyKernel

Andrew Wiggins, the top high-school player in the nation regardless of class, will attend Big Blue Madness, reports Evan Daniels of Scout.com.

Rob Fulford, Wiggins’ coach at Huntington Prep, confirmed the news Tuesday in a text message to the Kernel.

Fulford revealed his 6-foot-7 forward made the decision to attend the Friday, Oct. 12, event some time ago.

“He told (the UK coaching staff) he was (going to Big Blue Madness) a few weeks back,” Fulford said.

Wiggins joins an expanding list of talented prospects that will be making their way to Rupp Arena for the much-hyped event on the eve of the 2012-13 college basketball season.

Derek Willis, the lone commit for the 2013 class, told the Kernel on Monday that he would also be attending Big Blue Madness, using up his official visit in the process.

Although he remains the lone commit for now, Thursday will see five-star recruits Aaron and Andrew Harrison announce their choice of school, with UK in contention along with Maryland and Southern Methodist University.

A commit to UK could see the pair also visit Lexington for the event.

Marcus Lee, a top power forward in the 2013 class, will also be on an official visit while he takes in the action at Rupp Arena.

Also attending the festivities will be 2014 class members Cliff Alexander and JaQuan Lyle.

The pair used their official Twitter accounts to announce they would be joining the growing list of prospects visiting UK that weekend.

As the list of top-level players attending Big Blue Madness continues to grow, Wiggins is still mulling over his decision to reclassify.

The Toronto native is currently scheduled to be in the class of 2014, however a decision on whether he will be re-classifying to the class of 2013 is expected in the coming weeks.