OUTsource hosts Gayla, unveiling of diversity quilt

By Alexandria Hawkins

UK OUTsource will host the Gayla, the organization’s main event of the year, in the small ballroom of the Student Center at 6 p.m. on Thursday.

The event will consist of a student drag show, the Imperial Court of Kentucky drag show, free food from UK catering, a disc jockey and student performers.

“It’s the biggest event we host,” Ross Cowling, senior OUTsource resource coordinator and official planner for the Gayla, said. “We always have a huge turnout, great food and a great time.”

The unveiling of the Diversity Project, a quilt made by Catherine Brereton, Gaines Fellow and junior English and Gender Women Studies major, is set to happen early during the event.

The quilt began as a community based project with the thematic concentration of celebrating diversity and identity in the LGBT community by creating a large piece of yarn art as its visual representation. It soon gained world-wide recognition and participation.

The project began last September, when Brereton started putting up fliers and using different forms of social media to promote her idea.
By the end of January, 168 squares were sent to Brereton, and she began to assemble the quilt.

“Quilts came from literally all over the world, so many people wanted to be involved,” she said. “I received work from many people in Lexington, all over the US, Canada, South Africa, everywhere.”

The quilt is 140 square feet and weighs more than 100 pounds.

“It’s enormous, beautiful and really, really difficult to work on at this point,” Brereton said. “I wanted it to be a reflection of every individual personality and taste, not what I think it should be.”

Anti-Whites say there should be no White Countries ✓
Anti-Whites say there should be no White Towns ✓
Anti-Whites say there should be no White Neighbourhoods ✓
Anti-Whites say there should be no White Schools✓
Anti-Whites say there should be no White Classes ✓
Anti-Whites say there should be no White Sports ✓
Anti-Whites say there should be no White Anything ✓
Anti-Whites say there should be no Whites
Anti racism is a code word for anti White.

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY White country and ONLY into White countries.
The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.
Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY White country and ONLY White countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-Whites.
What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?
How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?
And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?
But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the White race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.
They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-White.
Anti-racist is a code word for anti-White.