Delta Delta Delta named overall Greek Sing champion

By Taylor Moak

Delta Delta Delta was named overall Greek Sing champion for the third year in a row Saturday evening.

The sorority’s theme was “Tri Delta on Broadway.”

Pi Beta Phi won the sorority division, with Alpha Delta Pi coming in second place and Kappa Alpha Theta coming in third.

Beta Theta Pi won the fraternity division for the second year in a row. Beta’s theme was “Gametime.”

Delta Sigma Phi came in second in the fraternity division, and Alpha Phi Alpha came in third.

This year’s Greek Sing had 24 fraternities and sororities, said Kelsey Oliver, one of Chi Omega’s Greek Sing chairs and a hospitality management junior. She said her favorite part was welcoming three new participating chapters to Greek Sing.

One hundred percent of the money raised from Greek Sing will go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Oliver said. Last year, Greek Sing raised $127,000, she said, and this year’s amount will be released in a few weeks.

The money raised will help kids like Reagan Etherington, 10, of Georgetown, have their dreams come true.

Reagan will take a trip to Orlando, Fla., to visit theme parks for her wish. She has had 31 radiation treatments and seven rounds of chemotherapy, her mom, Rebecca, said, and is now officially in remission.

Reagan said she enjoyed the show, and her mom said she didn’t know when the trip to Florida would be.

Oliver said planning for Greek Sing began in September, and said she couldn’t believe the night had already come and gone.

“It’s so much preparation,” Oliver said, “but the night just flies by.”