Staff picks: UK vs. North Carolina

Check out the Kernel sports staff’s predictions for UK’s next home basketball game against No. 5 North Carolina.

Cody Porter

UK – 84 vs. UNC – 76

At the beginning of the season I thought this was the game that the Cats home winning streak ended. How times have changed. While Kentucky hasn’t been very physical inside this season, the Tar Heels haven’t been using their bodies either, leading to poor rebounding and ultimately a mediocre display of offense by their bigs. Just has been the case every game this season, the UK length wins again.

Les Johns

UK 69 UNC 65

The Cats aren’t losing at home. UNC is deep, talented and tested. At this stage of the season, if played on a neutral site or at Chapel Hill, I would give the Heels the edge. A raucous Rupp Arena will prove to be the difference between two evenly matched elite teams.

David Schuh

UK 74 UNC 69

These teams are remarkably close-matched, and this game will show it. UNC’s length and experience will bother UK, but a ruckus Rupp Arena crowd will ignite the Cats’ defense, which will be the difference in the game.

Ryan Brown

UK- 77 UNC- 71

This game will be be won by Big Blue Nation and it will jumpstart the Cats from the beginning. The experience of UNC will show but UK’s immense talent and home crowd will be the edge on Saturday.

Paul Martin

UK 83 UNC 80

Three point shooting will be the difference here, as Darius Miller and Doron Lamb will have huge games. UNC’s experience will keep them close in a brutal environment, but UK’s perimeter play will

be key in the victory.