Common Thread: Miss Piggy to play Vogue editor in upcoming Muppets movie

By Shelisa Melendez

America’s favorite pig has returned, and she is hogging the spotlight.

The talkative, loving and voluptuous Miss Piggy is making her presence known this November in both the fashion and beauty world.

In the November issue of Instyle magazine, which hit newsstands Friday, Miss Piggy was featured in an eight-page spread, where she discussed her upcoming movie and wore designer threads.

“The snappy diva flaunted her figure in a series of designer wares for the fashion mag’s November issue, including a fringed lacy black number from Jason Wu, and the silk, cinched-waist dress from Prabal Gurung,” a CNN blog said.

Aside from being clothed by some of the most coveted threads, Miss Piggy has her hooves in more than one pot.

Within the last week, MAC Cosmetics announced the pig princess as the face of a limited-edition makeup line.

Glamour magazine reported the line will feature three products: eyeliner ($17.50), a pair of eyelashes ($15) and pink eye shadow ($15). The line will be exclusively sold online beginning Nov. 14.

In the advertisements for the makeup line, Miss Piggy is wearing a gold metallic trench coat (in-line with the fall trend), dramatic eye makeup (typical of MAC) and a new short black hairstyle: tres edgy.

She is enjoying the collaboration with MAC — especially the power.

“Oh I adore collaboration — especially when everyone is there to listen to what I have to say and do exactly what I tell them to,” Miss Piggy said in a Fox News article.

If a MAC collaboration wasn’t enough, Miss Piggy is also a part of the new OPI 12-piece limited-edition nail polish collection, inspired by the upcoming “The Muppets” movie, in theaters Nov. 23.

“Not only do the Muppets characters inspire fun, bright and joyful colors, the fashionable Miss Piggy lends her name to the three high-shine pink-based hues,” Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI’s executive vice-president and artistic director, said in a fashionetc.com article.

The OPI collection is set to release in stores and salons in November, featuring colors like “Warm & Fozzie” and “Getting Piggy With It.”

In the upcoming “The Muppets” movie, Miss Piggy will play the role of editor-in-chief of French Vogue, hence her immaculate style.

According to an ELLE UK article, a few costumes featured in the film were designed by some of fashion’s biggest names — Christian Louboutin and Zac Posen. Because of her latest status in fashion, she will also make a guest appearance on Bravo’s TV series “Project Runway Allstars” as a guest judge.

It is without question that Miss Piggy is in hog heaven with all of the recent publicity for her fashion spreads, collaborations and guest appearances, but I am quite sure there is much more to come from the fashionable swine!

*Note: I am unaware of any animals being tested for the MAC & OPI collections. Let’s be honest, I doubt Miss Piggy would let that fly.