LeBron, Cousins, Bledsoe, Rondo play pickup with UK team

LeBron James, DeMarcus Cousins, Rajon Rondo and Eric Bledsoe played pickup basketball with the UK team on Tuesday night.

The group played in the Joe Craft Center, according to a tweet from James.

“Had some great runs tonight,” senior Darius Miller tweeted late Tuesday night.

Tweeted sophomore Jarrod Polson: “(LeBron) ay i forgot to save ur # text me when ur here”

Some more Tuesday notes:

• John Calipari talked to ESPN’s Andy Katz and said discussions about whether he would be coaching the Dominican Republic national team next summer in a last-chance Olympics qualifying tournament had not progressed far enough for him to give a definitive answer. “Whether I’m coaching this team or not, I’ll help them in any way I can,’’ Calipari told Katz. “The dates may not work out.It may not be something I choose to do. But the appeal is to get them to the Olympics.’’ Calipari also talked about how the European styles he came upon, specifically how they use power forwards to stretch the floor, could influence how he uses Anthony Davis and Kyle Wiltjer at UK. Calipari also said he plans on using Marquis Teague in more pick-and-roll plays than his previous four point guards. The full story is here.
  • The 2011 John Calipari Coaches’Clinic has been set for Oct. 23 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Memorial Coliseum. The cost is $75 for advance registration and $100 for walk-up registration. Participants will get a tour of the Joe Craft Center and the Wildcat Lodge, as well as access to two of UK’s practice sessions.
  • Randall Cobb’s 108-yard kickoff return in his NFL debut Thursday night was featured on Sports Science. Video below.
  • Doron Lamb and Anthony Davis were dunking and shooting in the Joe Craft Center, and videos of them were published on Twitter. Videos below.

Randall Cobb:

Davis dunking:

Lamb shooting: