LIVE BLOG: UK vs. Florida

Patrick Patterson and AJ Stewart laugh as they practice shooting before the UK vs Flordia game today. Britney McIntosh

To visit Full Court Press, the Kernel’s live blog of all UK basketball games, click the link below. The blog will appear in a new window. The Cats take on Florida at 2 p.m. in Gainesville, Fla.

Click here for the live blog. Please feel free to stop by and interact with Kernel reporter James Pennington as he blogs from the floor at the Stephen O’ Connell Center. Kernel columnist Kenny Colston will join the blog from the Kernel newsroom in Lexington.

Both the Cats and the Gators come limping in to Saturday’s game on three-game losing streaks. UK lost Wednesday to Georgia, 90-85, to drop to 8-7 in Southeastern Conference play. Many experts are saying the loss put the Cats on the wrong side of the NCAA tournament bubble, but a win today may help push the Cats back toward March Madness.

The Gators, also sitting at 8-7 in SEC play, are celebrating Senior Day against the Cats today. Senior Walter Hodge, a member of both of Florida’s national championship teams, will bid farewell to the O’ Connell Center. Experts are also saying that Florida is on the outside looking in on the Big Dance. With a win today in Hodge’s Last Stand, Florida could get right back in the mix.

The last time these two teams mixed it up, Jodie Meeks hit a bomb with 4.7 seconds left to break a 65-all tie. Nick Calathes dropped a career-high 33 points but missed three free throws with less than a second remaining. The Cats won that game, 68-65. Tune in today to Full Court Press to see what happens in round two.