Linebacker Wilson arrested, charged with assault

Freshman linebacker Ridge Wilson was arrested Tuesday morning and charged with fourth-degree assault after he hit a girl in the face Monday night at the Kirwan-Blanding Complex, said UK Interim Police Chief Joe Monroe.

“I’m not sure if it was a punch or a slap, but there w How To Get Ex Boyfriend Back as a strike to the face,” Monroe said.

Wilson, 18, turned himself in to UK Police, Monroe said.

Wilson and the victim, who is a UK student, knew each other, Monroe said. Both attended Central High School in Louisville.

The girl suffered minor injuries to her cheek and nose and was treated and released from a Lexington hospital, Monroe said. He did not know which hospital treated her.

UK head coach Rich Brooks announced Tuesday morning at practice that Wilson had been suspended from the team indefinitely. He will not practice with the team this week and will miss Saturday’s game against Louisville.

Brooks said he will evaluate Wilson’s situation as it develops.

Wilson is being held on $3,000 bail at the Fayette County Detention Center. He will be arraigned in Fayette County District Court on Wednesday via video from jail.

Wilson, listed at 6-foot-3 and 207 pounds, was one of five true freshmen who saw playing time in UK’s season opener against Miami of Ohio last weekend. He assisted on one tackle.

On Sept. 26, 2008, then-junior safety Ashton Cobb was arrested after making several threatening remarks to his girlfriend in 15 text messages and 19 phone calls in a three hour period.

He was suspended from the team and missed two games. Cobb eventually pleaded guilty to terroristic threatening. He was sentenced to anger management classes and adult supervision probation.

In his senior year, Wilson was one of the top recruits in the state. He was named first-team All-State by the Associated Press. He also helped lead Central’s basketball team to the state title game in 2009.

How To Get Ex Boyfriend Back