UK Police send out crime bulletin Monday morning after sexual assault

The Jessamine County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the report of a sexual assault that occurred early Sunday morning near campus, according to the Lexington Division of Police, who are assisting in the investigation.

UK Police were notified of the sexual assault of a UK student early Monday morning by the Jessamine County Sheriff’s Department, prompting a campus crime bulletin, said Interim UK Police Chief Joe Monroe.

The victim reported she was offered a ride from Crescent Avenue and then driven to a remote location in nearby Jessamine County where she was sexually assaulted, according to a crime bulletin sent to students’ e-mails this afternoon.

The assault was reported to have occurred between 3 and 5 a.m., said the bulletin.

The suspect is unknown but was described as a white male in his 30s with a tan, 5’9” with short dark hair and some facial hair and a heavy build. The suspect was driving a dark colored passenger car, said the bulletin.

Anyone with any information in relation to the investigation is asked to contact the Lexington Division of Police Special Victims Section at 859-258-3700, Jessamine County Sheriff’s Department at (859) 885-4921, or Bluegrass Crime Stoppers at 859-253-2020.

View UK Crime Bulletin in a larger map